Friday, March 21, 2008

Hope For a Better Season

It's time to renew hope and try again for a better world. Yup, it's tomato time. And maybe, this year, I can keep the stinkin' birds away from my crop. We went to the Natural Gardener with some of the ladies we Visit Teach so the kids (all 7) could run around and look at the chickens, goats and donkeys while the adults chatted and shopped for veggies for spring planting. Everyone had a good time, and I ended up with patio and sweet 100 tomatoes and titan (?) bell peppers. I've only got three good pots, so I have to limit myself. Anyway, I got them planted up this afternoon, and I think they look pretty good. Is anyone else growing something fun? If so, tell us please.

2 comments:

Marin said...

Just my flower bulbs, but we won't see any proof of those quite yet, considering the ground is still covered w/ snow (thanks to the extra 8 inches from yesterday.)

Eventually we'd like to have a big garden in our backyard, but we won't start this early in the year and we'll wait another couple of years to get the inside of the house situated...

Kim Ashford said...

Yeah- those of us in the north are only dreaming of green right now. Hopefully the snow will melt this week! I am going to try and have a garden this year although my challenge will be to keep the deer away!