As an active little boy who has an Uncle Nathan D., Joseph follows that fine tradition of climbing over, through, on, in and behind anything that will sit still long enough. And then hitting it with sticks.
This sort of behavior often results in scratches, scrapes, bruises and the occasional Giant Goose-Egg.
I'm not sure how it happened, but both my children love to brush their teeth, Joseph even more so than Elena. I call out "teeth time!" and he will perk up, yell "dah daaahn!" and run for the stairs so he can climb up on the counter and grab his brush. He also likes baths, and will climb into the tub, water or no, diaper or no, to play. The only problem with this is that he tends to scream in the bath, because he wants me to get in with him.
Dressing up is another favorite. He'll put on my glasses, Elena's shoes, Daddy's hats, or the fancy dresses from the dress-up bucket. He woke up from his nap, the other day, crying, and when I went in to pick him up he was standing next to the crib in a tee shirt and sparkly pink tutu. I don't mind the dresses or hats or the girly shoes, but I'm down to only one pair of unmangled glasses.
And, in case you didn't notice in the pictures above, Joseph's put on a lot of weight in just the last three months. He skipped right over his 18 mo. clothes and is into 24 mo. and 2T.
He doesn't have any favorite characters, cartoon or otherwise, but he adores his big sister. Anything Elena tries out, Joseph wants to do, too. He's learning the alphabet because she's learning to read. He also loves balls (especially soccer, but anything he can throw, really) dogs, books, and talking to the baby.
3 comments:
What a fun little guy!!! He would fit right in over here, his cousin Corrinna is pretty wild herself ;)
Oh, he's a funny guy! I think it's awesome to record all these little details. I guess I haven't seen him in awhile--I didn't know he'd grown so much! You can tell he's bigger in these pictures, though. How could our babies be almost 2??
What a cute little chunk! He's a cutie, such a little boy.
Post a Comment