Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yes, Sir - That's My Baby

The roving ultrasound machine is only in the our office on Wednesday mornings, so the whole family went to playgroup together, then left early to go see the baby. The ultrasound tech was running an hour and a half behind, but the two ladies in front of me had places to be and we got to jump up the line. It's a new machine and, looking back at Elena's ultrasound prints, I can really see how much clearer these are. Since it was in the office, and not up at Dr. Darby's, we didn't get a video. I'm bummed about that, and they really should have warned us ahead of time. Anyway, everything looks good. Brain, heart, kidneys and spine are all great. Elena and Joseph sat pretty still (Joseph wandered for a little bit, but no one did any mischief--a total reversal of the havoc in the waiting room) and loved getting to see "their" baby "on the TV". We even got to listen to the heartbeat. When we told the tech that we didn't want to find out what the baby was, she told us not to worry--if we don't want to know, she doesn't go there. That way it doesn't sneak into reports and no one can accidentally say "he" or "she" at some point. It was fun and nicely low-stress. I know that if we were going to find out what it was I'd have been keyed up for days with anticipation. So here's your pictures I know you're all drooling to see.

profile


Hands under chin

3 comments:

Callie. said...

that's wonderful news! It's always so reassuring knowing that everything looks great on the ultrasound. I'm glad you are not dying to know what it is, but I certainly want to know! I know a lot of people that choose to be suprised with their third. Congrats on the great news.

Regan said...

WHAT?! I didn't know you weren't going to find out! Even while reading this, I was practically holding my breath and not letting myself skip down to see what you're having. How can you do this to me??!! ;) Well, the little one sure looks cute! (Are you calling him/her anything for now?)

Lisa said...

You know, Regan, if you had read the comments two weeks ago you'd have known that. ;) No, it doesn't really have a special name, just The Baby. I ask the kids if they want to talk to The Baby, or sing a song to The Baby, but that's about it. We had a hard enough time getting Elena to switch from Henning to Makenzie when her cousin was born last year, and she only called Kenzie Henning for a month or two.