Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Out And About

Normally, I wouldn't really want to take a baby out quite this early, but Daddy's cold makes a big difference. James and I went to the doctor, this morning, to follow up with all the monitoring from the hospital. The jaundice was mild to begin with and it seems to be clearing up on schedule, or something like that. They didn't stick him to check sugars, but did ask about how often he eats (Cluster-feed--once an hour--all morning long, then every 4 hours the rest of the time) and she thought that was good enough. He's already grown a quarter inch and weighed in at 7 lbs 4.5 ozs. I think that puts him in the 25th and 50th percentiles, respectively. We'll have to see how long that lasts. After getting some breakfast for everyone and getting Elena and Joseph dressed, we went to playgroup. The weather is beautiful, and the wonderful cool breezes reminded me that Elena only has one pair of pants in her current size. James snoozed away in the sling the entire two hours we were at the park, and at HEB, afterward, when we stopped in to get cold medicine for Jonathan. It was a really nice outing, but I think we're done for the day. Maybe tomorrow night...

2 comments:

Regan said...

You are brave! Slings are great, though.

Bridget has recently shot up, so if you want to look through any of her old stuff, I've got bags of it to get rid of.

Callie. said...

you are a brave woman, Lisa. I'm glad your kids did well though, that makes all the difference. And thank you for the sleep article! I think I have a plan figured out though now. It seems to be working so far! Thanks for thinking of me.