The kids and I went to my parents' house, last Friday, to visit and bring my mountain of laundry down to size. Lately, James has been wanting to join in at meals, since the table is obviously where all the interesting things happen. The high chair was at Gramma's, waiting for the day it would be needed again, and out it came. Watching was not enough, though. First, he wanted everyone to pay attention only to him, then he started smacking his lips to say "I'm hungry! I want some, too!" A tiny dab of mashed potatoes was received well and accompanied by a look requesting more. I had just so happened to pack some cereal in the diaper bag, that morning, so that it would be fully stocked for all emergencies in the upcoming month. Out came the cereal, flavored with a dash of formula, and ...



It was only ~2 teaspoons-worth, that first day, but in the 3-4 days since then he's worked up to just shy of a quarter cup. I think he likes it because 1) he's allowed to kick and wiggle, and 2) there's more opportunity for flirting with Mom.
1 comment:
Cute photos - especially the last one.
Post a Comment