Friday, January 29, 2010

The Generation Gap Rears its Head

Joseph is running around the house with one of my knee-highs over his head, right now. Not two minutes ago I rolled my eyes, heaved a sigh and asked "Joseph, why do you have one of my stockings on your head?" He looked at me like I was utterly insane and said "No it isn't a stocking." We then stared at each other, me insisting that it's thin, goes to my knee and covers my foot, while Joseph countered that what I was absolutely wrong and just being silly. At this point, Jonathan whispered in my ear, "Stockings have pictures on them and candy inside." Oh. my. dear. heavens. I'd forgotten that he's only three and had only one reason to know the word stocking.

Jonathan is currently still trying to convince him that they can be the same thing. I don't think it's working.

No comments: