Monday, January 11, 2010

Thoughts on Socks

A friend of mine likes to post things that catch her eye. They may be awesome cookie cutters, a retro-styled dress, or funky boots, but they all point to that certain something that only she has. She knows she's probably never going to buy them, but that's OK because it's not about getting them--it's about finding them.

Here's mine.

I have this thing with socks. I like short socks. I mean, why spend money (or time and effort knitting) for the leg of a sock when it's the bottom that wears out so fast? Even with my red lace stockings I can only stand to wear them to church because I don't want the sole to wear out. And yet, if I'm going to go to the effort to knit socks, I want them to get worn out because that means they're getting worn. There's no greater compliment than that. So what's a girl to do? Either figure out how to re-sole the tall ones (that's part of what taking me so long, Mom) or only make short ones.

Drool... Delicate lace on a cute, feminine anklet. I especially love the ballet/Mary Jane pair. And what sassy colors, too! I don't think I would have picked them, myself, but they work, you know? I wonder if there's enough in each ball to get a pair for me and Elena...

No comments: